[Discuss] network connection

On 7/9/2014 8:33 PM, j. daniel Moylan wrote:
> messed around with my network connections
> NetworkManager is running

You can't mix NetworkManager with manual configurations. If you try then
NetworkManager will put your interfaces into non-working states. Just
one of the reasons why NetworkManager is reviled by sysadmins around the
world.

If this is the problem then IMO, your best option is to run "aptitude
purge NetworkManager" and configure your network interfaces any other
way: vi, Emacs, pico, cat, shell scripts, ConMan, netctl, whatever.
Anything but NetworkManager except maybe Wicd which has been
unmaintained for some time. This and the rpm equivalent have worked for
me every time NetworkManager has been a problem.

--
Rich P.