[Discuss] SysVinit vs. systemd

On 9/11/2014 2:41 PM, Bill Ricker wrote:
> That's certainly part of it, but I'm hearing SysAdmins are divided on
> SystemD's replace-all-the-things mission-creep too.

I suppose we'd be less divided about systemd if it weren't the biggest
pile of bloat most of us have ever seen. I look at systemd's functions
and dependencies and I think, "this looks like someone made a list of
everything the Linux kernel does that *BSD doesn't. He then figured out
how to write hard dependencies for as many of them as possible in order
to justify being proprietary to Linux."

That and Lennart's code is notoriously bad. Remember PulseAudio? Of
course you do; how could anyone forget it? Same guy. Yes, I know RedHat
has drowned itself in systemd Kool-Aid and that's probably a good thing
in the long run for the code base but still, would I trust Lennart's
code for something as important as starting the entire system?

Hell, no.

--
Rich P.