[Discuss] Server/laptop full-disk encryption

FWIW, when I first started playing with computers, and was very poor, I
used to take whatever my neighbors would discard on trash day and fix it
up.  I found a some personal info.  Of course I didn't abuse this, but
if it was encrypted it would have made me seeing it much harder.  I
think hard drive encryption should be default.  On the other side of
things because drives often aren't encrypted I have been able to
retrieve files for others.

I currently work for an international nonprofit and in a meeting today
we had a brief discussion about the difficulties of protesters in Hong
Kong.  I wager that all of the leaders devices have been fully exploited
by now.  Bet they wish they had their data and communication secure.

Fascinating discussion that goes far beyond a single laptop.

Eric Chadbourne