[Discuss] ubuntu 14.04

On 10/8/2014 2:39 PM, Rich Braun wrote:
> Richard Pieri <richard.pieri at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Huh. For some reason I though[t] the last Ubuntu LTS was 12.04.
>
> Decoding the Ubuntu release schedule; since at least 2007 it's been predictable:

Yes, I'm familiar with Ubuntu's schedule and nomenclature. Doesn't mean
that some part of my brane does not link 14.04 with LTS.

By the by, continuous integration isn't Ubuntu's model. It's been
Debian's model since woody. Ubuntu looks like a continuous integration
(or rolling) distribution because Ubuntu releases start out life as
snapshots of Debian unstable. Riding on Debian's shoulders is what puts
Ubuntu ahead. And to hear the Debian folks tell it, Canonical
contributes very little in the other direction.

--
Rich P.