[Discuss] Revisiting VMWare ESX backup options

On 10/29/2014 11:04 AM, Scott Ehrlich wrote:
> What are your thoughts on product(s) to use for primary to backup and
> for options for off-site - cloud vs storage facility that gives us
> space on a system?

Cloud is a non-starter. Megaupload. Code/Spaces. Not worth the risk.

Magtape is the best bang for the buck for archival purposes. Run backups
from production to disk on the backup server. Replicate these backups to
tape. Rotate tapes to the storage facility of your choice on a regular
basis. I've had a good relationship with Iron Mountain's tape vaulting
service in the past.

--
Rich P.