[Discuss] apache -- same old

as suggessted by both joe polcari and john abreau, i corrected
my home directory from 0700 to 0755 and the problem went away.

however ....

i was messing around with a file to enable cgi-bin and everything
went to hell.  http://aldeberon/moylan/index.htm  came up but
no links on the site worked.  pushing the refresh button produced
the "not found" error, though putting the same url back in worked.

deleting my test file in /etc/httpd/conf.d and rebooting, didn't
help.  touching /.autorelable and rebooting fixed the situation.
my site came up and all was well.

i then put this file in /etc/httpd/conf.d and rebooted:

# httpdusr.conf
# link this to /etc/httpd/conf.d/httpdusr.conf

  ScriptAlias /moylan/cgi-bin/ "/var/www/html/moylan/cgi-bin/"
  <Directory "/var/www/html/moylan/cgi-bin">
	  SetHandler cgi-script
	  Options ExecCGI
	  Require all granted
  </Directory>

what followed was that nothing worked yet again.  my error is
probably looking me in the face, but i don't see it.  help?

tia,
ole dan

j. daniel moylan
84 harvard ave