From: "Richard Pieri" <richard.pieri at gmail.com>
To: discuss at blu.org
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2015 10:49:50 PM
Subject: Re: [Discuss] os x = poop?

On 2/11/2015 10:27 PM, Dr. Anthony Gabrielson wrote:
> a MB Air - the battery life is similar between OS X and Linux, which
> is really impressive.

Not really. About half of that is not shipping a Flash player with
Safari. Apple measured an average 40% run time improvement while web
browsing with Flash removed from first generation Airs. Don't install
Flash for Firefox or Chrome and you'll see the same thing.

The rest is Intel's work on the HD and Iris IGPs on the third and fourth
generation Core i series CPUs. You don't need Apple-branded kit to get
the same thing.

--
Rich P.