[Discuss] os x = poop?

Going back as far as '95 I've been using Linux and ever since then I've
tried over and over to use Linux on the desktop.  Each time I'd have
limited success, usually the main reason for going back to Windows on the
desktop is because of some corporate software needs (most often Office,
Outlook, Project, Visio).  My closest time of using Linux on the desktop
was around 2009-10 when I used Evolution for mail/calendaring, and had a
second laptop using Synergy2 for Project/Visio.  But Evolution still
sucked, a lot.  So in 2010 I had the opportunity to get a Mac at work.  And
as much as I had previously hated Apple because I thought they were over
priced, it was the perfect mid-ground between needing a *nix on my desktop
since I write a lot of bash & python and getting an X terminal when I need
one, plus being able to use the dreaded MSOffice products for places I
worked.  my only wish was that I had switched earlier. So, I've come to
love OSX. But, I'll still always run Linux in the server environment.

Matt

On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 8:22 PM, Eric Chadbourne <eric.chadbourne at icloud.com