[Discuss] [Position-available] Job: Automation at Cimpress (Vistaprint)

To post your own position-available or position-wanted
message, please follow the procedure at:
http://blu.wikispaces.com/job+posting+policy

JOB DESCRIPTION

Cimpress, the parent of Vistaprint, has launched a major initiative to
automate many of its manual IT operations. Examples are requisitioning
VMs automatically, configuring firewalls automatically, etc.  The goal
is to free engineers to spend their time on more complex & interesting
work.

Our Ops Automation team is seeking a software/systems engineer with
expertise in automation and workflow in a mixed Linux and Windows
environment. Technologies include OpenStack, Nagios, ServiceNow, and
more. The candidate will develop workflows and applications that allow
self-service of tasks and products within the IT organization. This
includes hands-on implementation as well as research, strategy, and
technical insight.

  *** Send your resume directly to me at dbarrett at cimpress.com. ***

The official job ad is at https://careers-cimpress.icims.com/jobs/13391/job.

REQUIRED SKILL-SET

- Linux and Windows admin experience

- Hands-on experience with administering and customizing an enterprise
  service-management application, preferably ServiceNow.

- 1-2 years of experience with scripting languages (Ruby, Python,
  etc.), one of which should be JavaScript.

- Experience with LDAP or Active Directory, networking, and relational
  databases (SQL Server preferred).

- The ability to understand and integrate with third-party RESTful APIs.

- Understanding of IT service management and the ITIL framework preferred.

JOB TYPE

Permanent position, full time, in Waltham/Lexington, MA.

COMPENSATION

Commensurate with experience.

COMPANY DESCRIPTION

Cimpress is the parent company of Vistaprint. Cimpress is one of the
great Boston-area tech success stories, beginning as a start-up and
growing to a $1+ billion company with offices in more than a dozen
countries.

LOCATION

Currently 95 Hayden Ave, Lexington MA.  We're moving five minutes
south to Waltham this summer, into a beautiful new custom-built office
with lots of amenties.

PLACEMENT ORGANIZATION

Direct hire. I'm just a manager/engineer who's been working at
Cimpress for 12 years, since the start-up days. :-) I am not a
recruiter.

Send your resume directly to me at dbarrett at cimpress.com.

--
Dan Barrett