[Discuss] [OT] digitizing old 78rpm records? ELP laser turntable services?

Sorry for the off-topic post.

I have a cabinet full of ancient 78 rpm records that I inherited when my
mom died back in 1998; it' been sitting in my attic all these years.

The records are fragile, and I'm afraid if I try to play them on an
ordinary turntable, the records won't survive.

There's a company in Japan (ejpj.com) that makes a laser turntable that
should be suitable for digitizing fragile records like these, but it's not
worth spending $17,000 for what's essentially a one-time project to
digitize the collection.

Has anyone heard of a service that digitizes old audio recordings,
preferably to WAV or FLAC files, that uses something like the laser
turntable to safely digitize fragile records? I've tried googling for such
services, but so far all I can find is services to digitize photos videos,
documents, and books.

Another option would be if someone on the list either has access to one of
these turntables, or knows someone who does, and they're willing to help me
digitize my 78s.

I recall a conversation many years ago, probably at one of the BLU bbqs,
where someone described their collection of LPs, 78s, and old Edison
cylinder recordings, and I imagine they'd also be interested in digitizing
their collection, if they haven't already found a way to do so. I can't
recall who it was, though, and I'm not entirely certain that it was at one
of our bbqs.

Thanks!

Email: abreauj at gmail.com / WWW http://www.abreau.net / PGP-Key-ID 0x920063C6