[Discuss] About to rip out systemd and start over

> From: Discuss [mailto:discuss-bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org] On
> Behalf Of Rich Braun
>
> For the umpteenth time, this morning found myself at the console of a dead
> Linux box, unable to bring the system up because of unreconciled or circular
> or otherwise out-of-sequence dependencies in systemd.

Are you manually creating and editing services or something? I've literally never once run into any problem like this, on any system in my entire history. I don't want to say you're doing something wrong, but that *is* the first suspicion that comes up.

Maybe instead of making a generalization about systemd, you could describe what you've changed, and why you did, and what you're trying to accomplish, and maybe somebody will offer some insight on managing the systemd configuration that helps you avoid falling into those pitfalls in the future?