[Discuss] Debian adds another systemd dependency, Busybox drops it

Within the past few days, Debian have added another hard dependency on
systemd in sid. This time it is the Xorg server which is no longer
setuid. In order to make this work they implemented a hard dependency on
libpam-systemd along with a bunch of other onerous restrictions. At
least this time around they also created a legacy dpkg that retains the
old behavior.

If you have systemd pinned with a priority of -1 then the libpam-systemd
dependency will not be installed. The legacy package still needs to be
installed manually.

Meanwhile, Busybox developer Denys Vlasenko has removed what little
support for systemd existed in Busybox because, "systemd people are not
willing to play nice with the rest of the world. Therefore there is no
reason for the rest of the world to cooperate with them."

--
Rich P.