[Discuss] Profiting from GPL software

On 11/11/2015 8:09 PM, John Abreau wrote:
> Then, on closer examination, you found that the GPL was cleverly designed
> to prevent people like you from taking unfair advantage of their work like
> that, and now you're carrying around a chip on your shoulder full of sour
> grapes.

Oh, yes. It's so fair that GPL software takes from BSD and BSD gets
nothing in return because the BSD licenses don't carry the distribution
requirements that the GPL mandates.

I'm pretty sure I know what you're thinking. You're thinking that if BSD
just relicensed under the GPL then this wouldn't be a problem.

That attitude is the problem.

I don't expect you to get it.

--
Rich P.