[Discuss] 4K (or 5K) resolution for Linux desktop

I thought that most of the NVidia GTX 9xx series can drive them -
either through DisplayPort (970 and 980) or HDMI 2.0 (950 and 960).
The GTX 950 and 960 also implement HDCP 2.2. I think that recent ATI
cards can also manage 4K, as can some of the new Intel Skylake chips.

You would need a massive setup to do 3D at 4K but the extra screen
real estate can still be useful. I'd also mention 4K movies but that's
problematic on Linux; unless you make your own you won't find much
that is not encumbered with DRM so you won't be able to watch any of
it yet. Even if you have a video card with HDCP 2.2 support, software
players for UHD protected content may never come for Linux, or at
least not until somebody cracks the encryption.