[Discuss] bluetooth

On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 06:13:32PM -0500, dan moylan wrote:
> ran bluetoothctl power on and found this using journalctl -f
>
> Jan 28 17:59:13 aldeberon bluetoothd[734]: Failed to set mode: Blocked through rfkill (0x12)
>
> ps shows:
>  2113  1000 S<l  Jan25 /usr/bin/pulseaudio --start
>
> any thoughts?

journalctl must be a systemd thing, eh? Everything I know about systemd
I will have learned in April when Christoph gives his next talk.

This rfkill command / subsystem seems a decent thing to duckduckgo on:
http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/lucid/man1/rfkill.1.html
http://www.mjmwired.net/kernel/Documentation/rfkill.txt

These are old pages, but can you run rfkill, first with the list
argument and then with unblock and a reasonable index or type from
the list output?

Is it possible that this is a laptop with one of those little
buttons above the keyboard with the button in the state where the
bluetooth radio is off?  This is what _rfkill list_ output looks
like on my machine, first with the wifi button along the top in
the off state and then with it turned on:

4098r0:~$ /usr/sbin/rfkill list
0: hp-wifi: Wireless LAN
        Soft blocked: no
        Hard blocked: yes