[Discuss] free email less intrusive than google

On Fri, Mar 11, 2016 at 03:56:09PM -0500, Bouman MC wrote:
> where can I find a free email that won't require me to fork over my name,
> address, phone number and social security number; account for the number of
> house pets I have and reiterate all the [...] details of my life
> before it all gets posted somewhere....I just opened an email with google
> and now they want more info and I'm not giving it to them. MCB

Like others have said, this is not free, but it is hosted with all
free/open-source software (and supports its
development--https://kolab.org/) and it is hosted in Switzerland for
better than average legal/privacy protection:

https://kolabnow.com/

They offer a full collaboration suite, or you can just subscribe to
email/calendar/address book/file sync for less than $5/month.  They
accept Bitcoin too.