[Discuss] Local nonprofit that accepts hardware donations

That was probably the South End Technology Center @ Tent City,
operated by Mr. Mel King, 359 Columbus Ave, Boston MA 02116. 617
578-0597. At least for now, they've scaled back a lot on
their hardware refurbishing program. A key organizer is out of
the country for a while.
This program at Castle Square Apartments, also in the South End,
would be another possibility:
http://cstoboston.org/communityprograms/squaretech/
I've volunteered with those organizations and others connected
with low-income housing developments in Boston and can generally
find a good home for a working computer, but not much else in the
way of hardware.
   - Stephen Ronan