[Discuss] Options FollowSymLinks – If you have symbolic links in this directory, it will be followed Fresh set of eyes

Hello All,
                Seeking  a fresh set of eyes on a configuration issue of Apache 2.4.6

Goal-

Set the Options FollowSymlinks  on a SSL site.   -  Have a SSL site ? if the user has a certificate ? access granted to NFS share from
                                                                                                    the web site.

                The certificate works  but I am always landing on the welcome.conf  page.

                Nfs share works fine..

These are the options I have tried with no success.   Any ideas here ?

Thanks!!!!

                    AllowOverride all
    # MultiViews must be turned off.
    # Options -MultiViews

#       Options +FollowSymLinks
#       Options FollowSymLinks Indexes
Options FollowSymLinks
#    Options FollowSymLinks MultiViews
#    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
</Directory>

[root at bmc-4 conf.d]# httpd -v
Server version: Apache/2.4.6 (Red Hat Enterprise Linux)
Server built:   Sep 17 2015 09:06:30

[root at bmc-4 conf.d]# httpd -l
Compiled in modules:
  core.c
  mod_so.c
  http_core.c
[root at bmc-4 conf.d]#

#<VirtualHost _default_:443>
# General setup for the virtual host, inherited from global configuration
#DocumentRoot "/var/www/html"
#ServerName www.example.com:443
<VirtualHost 18.xx.x.XXX:443>
DocumentRoot "/var/www/bmc-data/public"
#DocumentRoot "/var/www/html_ssl"
ServerName bd-444.mit.edu:443
<Directory /var/www/bmc-data/public>
#<Directory /var/www/html_ssl>
SSLVerifyClient require
SSLOptions +StdEnvVars
SSLRequire ( %{SSL_CLIENT_S_DN_O} eq ?Mouse House" )
    # This relaxes Apache security settings.
   AllowOverride all
    # MultiViews must be turned off.
    # Options -MultiViews

#       Options +FollowSymLinks
#       Options FollowSymLinks Indexes
Options FollowSymLinks
#    Options FollowSymLinks MultiViews
#    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
</Directory>

Stephen Goldman
Systems Administrator
sgoldman at mit.edu -617-452-2595