[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Discuss] Are passwords even long enough?
- Subject: [Discuss] Are passwords even long enough?
- From: ingegnue at riseup.net (IngeGNUe)
- Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2016 22:30:27 -0400
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 07/02/16 21:13, Rich Pieri wrote: > On 7/2/2016 6:13 PM, IngeGNUe wrote: >> How does that even happen though? Compromised SSL? > > Nope. > > I figure it happened in a way you completely didn't think of: > > Wordpress > > Any web site using third party services, be they authentication > services, advertising services, or whatever, is a potential platform for > MITM snooping. I pick on Wordpress because it is notorious for being > frequently and widely vulnerable to compromise. So I ask: have you used > your Google account to authenticate yourself with any services other > than Google? If so then that's probably how it happened. > I don't think I have, but I'll have to keep that in mind.