[Discuss] Windows Subsystem for Linux

On 8/7/2016 2:42 PM, Bill Ricker wrote:
> Hmm. So a totally different use case, even more insular than Cygwin.
> Can't use it for single cross-platform  scripting-platform for Ops / DevOps.

Yeah, that's not the target audience. It's intended for developers
working on porting applications between the two environments. I'm sure
someone's going to figure out how to start PE32 programs from it, might
even be provided by Microsoft.

As for me, I use Cygwin a lot but not for starting Windows programs. I
go the other way with one exception and that will go away as WSL is
refined and I do more with it.

Man, this is weird, though. As WSL evolves and stabilizes it could make
Windows 10 the best Unix desktop in the world.

--
Rich P.