[Discuss] Future-proofing a house for networking -- what to run?

On 9/13/2017 1:48 PM, Bill Horne wrote:
> WiFi-only devices will require that the owner keep updating his
> equipment every time his ISP adopts a new WiFi standard. I feel that the

This has never been a requirement of 802.11 devices. My 802.11b and
802.11g devices still work with my 802.11n access point and I have no
doubt that they will continue to work if and when I get an 802.11ac or
more recent AP.

--
Rich P.