[Discuss] LibreOffice and .docx files

Steve Litt <slitt at troubleshooters.com> writes:

> Mike Small mentioned
> http://obsd.si/papers/eurobsdcon2014-mandoc-paper.pdf , which is an
> improved man page authoring tool. From what I learned skimming the
> link, mandoc has been created exclusively to create man pages, to the
> extent that its styles have a 1 to 1 correspondance with the semantics
> of a man page. This is great for man pages, but it would probably be
> easier to complete Stylz or use Docbook/XSLT than to broaden the usage
> of the very specific mandoc.

That's true. Their focus is man pages.

However, the author does sometimes express opinions on Docbook and the
minimarkup formats and has worked quite a bit in this area. I didn't
link to his more opinionated posts before, thinking his paper on mandoc
a better, non-controversial intro to his ideas, but here are some
below. As someone working in this area yourself, you may find his
thoughts useful for comparison to your own:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/groff/2014-02/msg00106.html
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/groff/2014-02/msg00109.html

--
Mike Small