[Discuss] mysql problem

chuck anderson writes:
> You should have a tmpfiles.d/mariadb.conf file that
> re-creates the directory on each boot:

well i looked:

  cat /usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/mariadb.conf
    d /run/mysql 0755 mysql mysql -

clearly not the right stuff.

  ls /etc/tmpfiles.d
    vpnc.conf

no mariadb.conf there

i then created /etc/tmpfiles.d/mariadb.conf with:
  d /run/mariadb 0755 mysql mysql -
  d /run/mysqld 0755 mysql mysql -

rebooted, and all is well -- thank you.  however in an
adjacent computer, there is no /etc/tmpfiles.d/mariadb.conf,
but /usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/mariadb.conf has the right data,
and mysql is working fine,

i don't understand what happened in the first place to screw
things up on my main computer.  it's all magic.

thank you for your help,
ole dan

j. daniel moylan
84 harvard ave