[Discuss] Fwd: Federico Live! GPS! Randomness with Radiation!

Some BLU and Hardware Hacking folks may be interested in Federico's
presentation to Boston.PM this next Tuesday.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Bill Ricker <bill.n1vux at gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Apr 6, 2018 at 4:08 PM
Subject: Tech Meeting: Federico Live! GPS! Randomness with Radiation!
To: Boston PM <Boston-pm at mail.pm.org>, "Boston Perl Mongers
(announce)" <boston-pm-announce at pm.org>

Next Meeting
April 10th (2nd Tuesday)
Federico Lucifredi / Hardware Hacking 101: time and randomness

Abstract:
Using the lowest amount of custom hardware and pouring Perl over
everything as the glue binding it all, we create two minimalistic
devices delivering a perfectly tuned network time source
(synchronizing with a GPS satellite), and a naturally random entropy
source (leveraging a Geiger tube?s measurement of natural background
radiation).

Location: MIT Building 51, Room 372, 2 Amherst Street, Cambridge, MA

NOTE: Parking Alert. Recent changes in MIT Parking Dept web pages no
longer allow un-permitted parking after-hours.
So parking on-site is AT OWN RISK. And Construction Detour again too.
See web for details.

  http://boston.pm.org/Calendar
  http://boston.pm.org/MIT%20Directions

Boilerplate details

Tech Meetings are held on the 2nd Tuesday of every month at MIT
building E51, Sloan School Tang Center [not the other Tang building!]
nearer to Kendall Sq than Mass Ave. (directions).
Talk begins at 7:30.
Refreshments in the hallway prior.
RSVP for count encouraged but not required, to bill.n1vux at gmail.com or
Boston-PM list, by 4pm Tuesday.

(NOTE: as of Fall 2017: we'r back to the squarer room 372 (first door
after the partition), not the wider 376 (second door) that we had the
last several years)

--
Bill Ricker
bill.n1vux at gmail.com