[Discuss] [Position-available] Network Engineer @ Financial Recovery Technologies - Medford, MA

To post your own position-available or position-wanted
message, please follow the procedure at:
https://blu.qualitybox.us/wiki/Job_posting_policy

Financial Recovery Technologies is looking for a Network Engineer (with
some Linux skills).  If interested, please apply here:
https://app.jobvite.com/j/?cj=o2Rg8fw1 then send me an email (below)

Position: Network Engineer
Job Type: full-time
Location: Medford, MA

Company Description:
Join a fast growing company that is transforming its industry! Financial
Recovery Technologies has become a trusted partner to hedge funds, mutual
funds, custodians, sovereign wealth funds, and other institutional
investment firms, and our best-in-class people and technology have made FRT
a market leader.

Job description:
As a Network Engineer at FRT, you will use your strong understanding of IT
infrastructure, IT security, and IT best practices to ensure FRT?s network
and distributed system infrastructure are robust, reliable, and secure. If
you're a hands-on systems engineer who loves to geek out with various
technologies, we would love to talk to you.

The Role:
As a Network Engineer at FRT, you will:
- Be proactive in maintaining our existing network infrastructure,
identifying potential improvements, and proposing approaches to
implementation;
- Research and implement new hardware or software, picking the best tool
for the job and ensuring FRT is aligned with industry standards;
- Focus on the hardware - load balancers, firewalls, routers, switches;
- Identify any current or future risks in our current infrastructure and
propose efficient and appropriate plans to mitigate those risks;
- Participate in designing/planning and implement FRT internal
infrastructure improvement for three datacenters;
- Collaborate with CISO to implement security best practices utilizing the
latest software and utilities;
- Work with FRT business owners on improvement of processes and procedures.

Our Ideal Candidate Has:
- A firm understanding of IT infrastructure, IT security, and IT best
practices - networking and/or security certification would be a plus!
- 3-5 years? experience in a 24x7 Technical Operations organization (though
you'll only have light on call duties here)
- Knowledge of multiple platforms - we are primarily Linux based (CentOS)
but we also use VMWare and Windows
- Experience with automation and configuration management (e.g., various
shells, Chef, Salt, CI/CD)
- Familiarity with Juniper EX network hardware and Dell, HP hardware
- Experience with some of our technology tool stack (various Atlassian
tools like JIRA, Splunk, Sensu, Grafana)
- A background with highly-available, distributed applications using
open-source technologies
- Comfort with security principles, solutions, and testing (e.g., NIST,
CIS, firewalls, IDS/IPS)
- A strong sense of accountability and a proactive orientation toward
problem solving;
- An open, active, and outgoing communication style, able to speak to
various stakeholders at appropriate levels of technical detail;
- A curious mind - you want to understand our business, are open to new
technologies, and are committed to continuous improvement;
- Of course, an interest in joining a growing company with a vibrant,
entrepreneurial culture, dedicated to being the top provider in the class
action recovery space.

What Benefits Does FRT Offer
- Health, dental, vision
- 401k (with company match!)
- Income protection plans (life, accidental death and dismemberment, short-
and long-term disability) and access to a suite of voluntary benefit
programs
- Close to public transit (walking distance to Wellington T on Orange Line)
- Free drinks and snacks
- Free parking onsite
- Free access to onsite gym
- Fun and diverse colleagues
- THIS POSITION IS BASED IN OUR MEDFORD, MA HEADQUARTERS. LOCAL CANDIDATES
ONLY, PLEASE.

AGENCIES: WE ARE ONLY WORKING WITH PREVIOUSLY APPROVED AGENCIES ON THIS
REQUISITION, SO IF YOU ARE NOT SUCH A FIRM, PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR
CANDIDATES FOR THIS POSITION.

Matt Shields
matt at shields.tv
781-424-3531