[Discuss] Changing Comcast Modem to Bridged

On 12/30/18 2:29 PM, Gregory Galperin wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 30, 2018 at 11:39:24AM -0500, jbk wrote:
>> The problem with doing that is there is no way to turn off the Comcast dhcp
>> server w/o putting it into bridged mode, other than limiting the range to a
>> single address and have that lease set to forever. But forever on the modem
> can't you reserve a static ip in the comcast router outside its dhcp range,
> and set up your own router to uplink on that static ip?
> --grg

No, only within the range. These modems are really locked
down to prevent people like me becoming headaches for their
support staff.

I'm now bridged and after a few hours have internet
connection through the new router. It took a while and I'm
not sure why. I need to finish the setup of my virtual
access point.

--
Jim Kelly-Rand
jbk at kjkelra.com