[Discuss] Ubuntu Install Question

Eric and All,

I have checked the install guide recognizing that I went through this
process once for my old machine. Since I do not do this every time, extra
cautious will not hurt.

I would like to have dual-boot. This time I have a slightly different
scenario, I particular, 256 GB SSD and 1 TB HD. As I am trying to do
everything right from the first try ;) , please give some
recommendations/layout on partitioning. I plan to use Ubuntu  as my primary
OS (50-70% of the time)) and Win10 for those programs/utilities that do not
run on Ubuntu. Ideally, to have one buffer partition to exchange between
two OS.

Excerpt from the post:
On this step we?ll create our custom partition layout for Ubuntu 18.04. On
this guide will recommend that you create two partitions, one for root and
the other for home accounts data and a partition for swap (use a swap
partition only if you have limited RAM resources or you use a fast SSD).

My thought was
DISC C (SSD):
Partition 0:
Win10 : ~60 GB SSD
Partition 1:
UBuntu: ~ 200 GB SSD

Disc D:
Partition 2:
650 GB HD
Partition 3:
350 GB HD

home accounts data and a partition for swap (use a swap partition)
What is swap partition ?

Any input is welcome.

Best,
Ivan