[Discuss] mtpfs question

ole dan wrote:
>>> moylan ~[1024] simple-mtpfs -l
>>> 1: AsusMemoPad 7 (ME572CL)
>>> moylan ~[1025] simple-mtpfs --device 1 ~/mnt
>>> moylan ~[1026] ls /mnt

>>> sorry -- i missed the tilde -- all is well.

>>and indeed it was -- at least the android tablet directories
>>showed up under ~/mnt, though ~/mnt/kindle did not show in
>>any readable fashion the various books that showed in the
>>kindle reader.

>>however, today i started in again and got this:

>>  moylan ~[1065] simple-mtpfs -l
>>  1: AsusMemoPad 7 (ME572CL)
>>  moylan [1066] simple-mtpfs --device 1 ~/mnt
>>  LIBMTP PANIC: Trying to dump the error stack of a NULL device!

>>now what brought THAT on?  what can i have done to deserve
>this?

and mike small replied:
> Can you install termux on this thing and run sshd there?
> I've had good luck that way using ssh and scp to get files
> off my phone. rsync works too. Probably sshfs would work,
> but I never bother with that.

great -- i've got termux installed on the tablet and sshd
running, but where are the kindle files on the tablet?

i've poked around a bit and found nothing -- of course, /data
and /data/data are inaccessable.

and when i ssh in:

  u0_a5 ~[40] ls
  The program 'ls' is not installed. Install it by executing:
   pkg install busybox
  or
   pkg install coreutils
  u0_a5 ~[41] pkg install coreutils
  The program 'pkg' is not installed. Install it by executing:
   pkg install termux-tools
  u0_a5 ~[42] pkg install termux-tools
  The program 'pkg' is not installed. Install it by executing:
   pkg install termux-tools

on the tablet, ls and pkg work as expected -- i must be sshing
in wrong somehow.  hmmm ... where do i go from here?

ole dan

j. daniel moylan
84 harvard ave
brookline, ma 02446-6202