Boston Linux Meeting Wednesday, June 15, 2011 Beowulf Revisited or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Disruptive Technologies

Jerry Feldman gaf at blu.org
Sat Jul 9 10:34:24 EDT 2011

- Resend There was an error in the discuss list configuration. I
apologize for any duplicates.

When: June 15, 2011 7PM (6:30PM for Q&A)
Topics:  Beowulf Revisited or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love
Disruptive Technologies
Moderators: Kurt Keville
Location: MIT Building E51, Room 335***
*** Please note that this is a change from last month

    Kurt Keville returns with an update of Beowulf supercomputing

    The BLU Hardware Hacking subgroup has analyzed the massive
DataCenter document release from http://opencompute.org/ and will
describe and discuss it. We will also discuss how many of these ideas
came out of the Linux Homebrew community and what changes they made in
the Linux kernel to maximize power efficiency.

For further information and directions please consult the BLU Web site
http://www.blu.org
Please note that there is usually plenty of free parking in the E-51
parking lot at 2 Amherst St, or directly on Amherst St.

After the meeting we will adjourn to the official after meeting meeting
location at the Cambridge Brewing Company, 1 Kendall Square,
http://cambridgebrewing.com

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix