BLU Desktop GNU/Linux SIG Meeting - Community Outreach Planning - Weds, Jan 8, 2013

Will Rico willrico at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 12:02:12 EST 2014

When: Wednesday, January 8, 2013 7:00PM

Location: Shanti Restaurant, 1111 Dorchester Ave, Dorchester

Directions
    http://www.shantiboston.com (Dorchester Location)
    Take the Red line toward Ashmont and exit at Savin Hill Station.
    Street parking should be available for those driving.

Notes

        1) Space is limited so please RSVP to me if you plan
            to attend.

        2) Please bring cash or credit card to pay for your dinner.

Summary

        Community Outreach Planning Dinner

Abstract

        Join us for a small, group dinner as we discuss plans for
        community outreach in 2014.  Our goal is to reach underserved
        communities and be a resource for communities and individuals
        that can benefit from free software.

        Everyone is welcome, but space is limited so please RSVP
        early. If you cannot make the dinner, but would like to be involved,
        don't despair.  Email me and I'll make sure you're in the loop on
        our discussions and plans.

        We're looking for help with:

        -- Contacting community organizations and schools
        -- Teaching
        -- Organizing
        -- Tech support during meetings
        -- Video and audio recording & editing

More Events & Announcements

    Natick FOSS Meeting
    Thursday, January 9 at Natick Community Senior Center
    http://natickfoss.org

    Galileo, Linux, and the Internet of Things
    Wednesday, January 15 at MIT
    http://www.blu.org/cgi-bin/calendar/2014-jan

    Internet Festival of Things Festival
    Saturday, February 22 at MIT