RSVP Required: BLU Desktop GNU/Linux SIG Meeting - Write Your First Android App - Weds, Sept 3, 2014

Will Rico willrico at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 13:13:17 EDT 2014

When: Wednesday, September 3, 2014 6:30PM

Location: Akamai, 4 Cambridge Center, Cambridge, MA

Directions
  http://www.akamai.com/html/about/driving_directions.html
<http://www.akamai.com/html/about/driving_directions.html>
<http://www.akamai.com/html/about/driving_directions.html
<http://www.akamai.com/html/about/driving_directions.html>>
  Also easily accessibly by T.

Notes

  1) RSVP *is* required this month.

  2) This is *not* the same Akamai building we usually meet in.
      The RSVP requirement is due to this building's security
      procedures. See location above.

  3) Please note the location is different from BLU's
     standard MIT meeting location.

  4) Akamai has generously agreed to provide space
     and 'free as in food' for this meeting.
     Thank you to our sponsor!
     http://www.akamai.com/

  5) We have tickets to the MongoDB Boston conference to
      raffle off, courtesy of MongoLab (https://mongolab.org).
      Must attend in person for a chance to win.

Summary

  Adam Stroud is the author of
  Professional Android Sensor
  Programming, former lead
  developer at RunKeeper, and
  current lead developer at
  Mustbin.  He is a
  self-proclaimed "phandroid"
  and is an active participant
  in the Android virtual
  community on StackOverflow and
  Android Google groups.

  All skill levels are welcome!

Transportation & Parking

  The Akamai office is a short walk from the Kendall Square T
  stop and other public transportation.

  Metered parking is normally available near our location.

More Events & Announcements

  Linux InstallFest LIII at MIT
  Saturday, September 13, 2014 9am - 5pm
  http://blu.org/cgi-bin/calendar/2014-ifest53
<http://blu.org/cgi-bin/calendar/2014-ifest53>

  An Evening of IoT at MIT
  Friday, September 19 at 6:30pm
  http://www.iotinit.com/

  Software Freedom Day at Industry Lab in Cambridge
   September 20th, 9am-5pm
   http://meetu.ps/2sB29b

  Learning to Change the World (Walter Bender of Sugar Labs)
  Wednesday, November 5
  http://meetu.ps/2pxLP8