Boston Linux Meeting, Reminder, tomorrow, Wednesday, April 19, 2017 - IoT Security, Digital Data Privacy, the Linux Dirty COW and related matters

Jerry Feldman gaf at blu.org
Tue Apr 18 11:02:17 EDT 2017

When:  April 19, 2017 7PM (6:30PM for Q&A)
Topic: IoT Security, Digital Data Privacy, the Linux Dirty COW and
related matters
Moderators:  Brian DeLacey
Location: MIT Building E-51, Room 325

Abstract:
We'll review technologies, techniques and practices to address IoT and
cloud-based security. We'll focus on digital data privacy concerns and
Linux tools that help. We'll review recent breaches, leaks, phishing and
malware attacks, as well as known exploits and vulnerabilities. (We'll
recap the Linux Kernel's “Dirty Cow” story and the OpenSSL Heartbleed Bug.)

The meeting will include demonstrations and a deep dive into the new $10
Raspberry Pi Zero W, with sample software in Python and Go running with
Jessie.

For further information and directions please consult the BLU Web site
http://www.blu.org
Please note that there is usually plenty of free parking in the E-51
parking lot at 2 Amherst St, or directly on Amherst St.
Note: The Hayward St. lot has been closed affecting the MIT-E51 lot.
They have opened up another lot on Hayward Street that was usually
restricted.

After the meeting we will adjourn to the official after meeting meeting
location at The Cambridge Brewing Company
http://www.cambridgebrewingcompany.com/
--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix