Performance of AXP linux?

Dale R Worley worley at world.std.com
Fri Dec 15 10:01:37 EST 1995

   From: HORNE at CMOD2.PFC.MIT.EDU

   (Presumably I can scale within pentium family by clock frequency,
   so I would expect a factor of 2 or so from a 133 mhz, etc.)

I've wondered about that.  I would expect that at some point, off-chip
memory references start to dominate the execution time, rather than
CPU cycle time, but I don't know whether PC memory busses and memories
would saturate at speeds that PC processors now achieve.  Does anyone
know the facts about this?

Dale

Dale Worley						worley at world.std.com
--
Chicken soup was first prescribed medically as a cold and asthma remedy
by the famous 12th-century physician and theologian Moses Maimonides.