two ethernet cards in a linux box

Dan Murphy murph at vmark.com
Tue Oct 24 09:42:18 EDT 1995

At 08:18 AM 10/24/95 -0400, linux-sig at bcs.org wrote:
>I do Unix drivers for a living (among other things).  I've had my "faint of
>heart" genes surgically removed.  I read the howto.  I tried entering
>several different commands lines.  I'm one of those people who hit others
>over the head with a big bat labelled RTFM so I'm actually fairly paranoid
>about doing that myself first.  I was not able to do it, and got to the
>point of deciding that touching the code was the least-outrageous thing to
>do to get it working.

Rodney,

I'm curious, what did you try? Did you try the 'append' statement in LILO?

My ability is just the opposite of yours - I'm a complete idiot and have to read everything before trying something. When I added the append statement, Linux magically recognized the second card, and it even worked. Go figure.

Dan Murphy                 murph at vmark.com
Vmark Software             74260.3322 at compuserve.com
Westboro, MA