Topics for future meetings

Richard Royston richard at aoi.ultranet.com
Wed Oct 25 11:25:12 EDT 1995

John Abreau writes "I'm putting together a list of possible topics" and lists
a number of suggestions. One interesting one, to me, was:

>>> topics :understand the kernel/ upgrading piece by peice w/o a mess

I would think, however, that this might well be subdivided into two or three
pieces:

	The overall structure of the kernel
	the file system
	event handling
	devices and drivers
	upgrading piece by piece w/o a mess

Not being a Un*x guru of a higher degree I'd certainly be willing to have
some such suggest a better partitioning, but I think there's too much to get
in one talk.

In addition to networking, I believe mail would also be interesting, and, to
judge by recent correspondence, of interest and help to lots of people.