Request for assistance

Chuck Noyes cnoyes at maui.webo.dg.com
Tue Aug 13 11:56:08 EDT 1996

I assume it's a VGA card and the monitor can handle VGA graphics.
If so, just try specifying a plain-jane VGA video driver
for XF86. That should work. Once that's done, then you try
experimenting with more *exotic* drivers.
XF86 contains a *probe* that can do some poking around with your
video sub-system. That might be able to shed some light....:)

BTW: There's a brief article, actually it's a letter to the editor, in
this months _Linux Journal_ about this very problem.

Bon Chance.....Chuck