Internet Gateway

Rich Braun richb at pioneer.ci.net
Fri Mar 22 10:28:15 EST 1996

Jerry Feldman wrote:
> I suggest
> that you acquire a router with firewall capabilities. Morningstar has been
> used effectively for that. I found that the Morningstar support people are
> very helpful and knowlegable.

News flash:  effective this Tuesday, 3/19/96, Morning Star Technologies
was purchased by Ascend Communications.  Engineering personnel are now
about two weeks into a 6- to 8-week port of MST firewall/routing code
onto Ascend's platform.

Ascend is a larger, somewhat newer company than Morning Star.  There will
be a change in tech support as the product lines get merged and staffing
changes.

-rich