[Q] emacs doesn't start

Dale R. Worley worley at ariadne.com
Thu Oct 31 23:24:01 EST 1996

   From: "Bosco So" <bso at acm.org>

   >It sounds like the kernel, binary compatibility module, or dynamic
   >loader didn't like the format of some piece of object code.  Check
   >really carefully that you're using exactly the same kernel, libraries,
   >iBCS, etc. on both systems.

   I omitted a.out compatibility on this installation.  Could that be it?

That sounds like a good possibility.  Any error message referring to
"relocation" sounds like it is describing some sort of loading
process.

Dale
--
Dale R. Worley					Ariadne Internet Services
Voice: +1 617-899-7949   Fax: +1 617-899-7946	E-mail: worley at ariadne.com
"Internet-based electronic commerce solutions to real business problems."