zip drives and linux?

Mike Bilow mikebw at bilow.bilow.uu.ids.net
Sat Sep 21 13:38:00 EDT 1996

Rodney Thayer wrote in a message to Mike Bilow:

 RT> interesting.  I have 2.01

 RT> could anyone else with an Adaptec 1542CF and a Zip drive
 RT> please tell me what Adaptec BIOS they are using?  I wonder
 RT> if there's a pattern.

Just so you know, the newest EPROM images for all Adaptec controllers are
available by Internet from http://www.adaptec.com or ftp://ftp.adaptec.com.  Of
course, you would need to have an EPROM programmer -- or a friend with an EPROM
programmer.  I've fixed a lot of problems at 2 am with those EPROM images
downloaded over the Internet.

Although I have enough 2764 chips on hand that I would offer to burn them free,
the 154x controllers each require two 27128 chips.

-- Mike