installation of Linux

agaskell at west.bidmc.harvard.edu agaskell at west.bidmc.harvard.edu
Thu Jun 5 11:50:57 EDT 1997

     Dear All,
     I have just joined the mailing list and have also just tried
     installing Linux (Linux Universe). I have 2 hard drives and have win
     95 on the 1st, Linux on the 2nd. I am having no end of problems with
     the installation. When the MBR comes up on booting and I tell it to
     boot Linux, it just boots win 95 anyway. So the only way I have
     managed to boot up Linux is by using a Linux boot disk. However when I
     am logged on, even though I have installed as instructed, Linux
     doesn't know anything about the X-server...
     I am new to Linux, although I do have experience of UNIX. Is it
     possible that I could meet with someone to walk me through the
     installation? I know this is a lot to ask, but I would be extremely
     grateful.

     Thanks,

     Andrew Gaskell

     agaskell at west.bidmc.harvard.edu