Linux Info (fwd)

John Abreau jabr at tarnhelm.blu.org
Thu Jan 15 10:30:55 EST 1998

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 22:01:56 -0500
From: "Michael X. Dacey" <kmxd at email.msn.com>
To: jabr at blu.org
Subject: Linux Info

Dear John. I am a beginner level Linux/Unix user. I have just begun
a class in Unix System Administration and was given a copy of
Linux 0.99 to try to load on my home PC. It is unable to read the
hard drive on installation at fdisk. I think it is because it is an older
version and I have a ISA/PCI bus. My home PC is a Compaq
Presario 4712 with Windows95 pre-installed. It has 32MB RAM,
Pentium 166MHtz and a 2.5 G hard drive and a CDROM. I am
trying to get information about the possibility of getting a recent
version of Linux for my home computer along with installation
instructions and any other info I could use. I would appreciate any
info you could pass along. Thank You. Mike Dacey.