More MS fun and games

Glenn Burkhardt glenn at aoi.ultranet.com
Tue Sep 1 07:59:46 EDT 1998

Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 19:13:53 GMT
From: samba at rollingthunder.demon.co.uk (Anthony Ord)
To: Multiple recipients of list <samba at samba.anu.edu.au>
Subject: Re: The Empire Strikes Back

Remember folks, every time a MicroSoftie sees you using Samba, their
employer has kissed goodbye to at least 500 GBP (5 user license, UK
prices). They seem to be changing the API to make samba look bad
(recent win98 fsync flag bit) and I'm surprised bad-mouthing doesn't
happen more.

It might be an idea to get the MicroSoftie to put his assertion in
writing, casually mentioning you are going to file with CERT/bug watch
etc with him as a named source. See if he puts his money where his
mouth is. But do it in front of witnesses (your network guy). Remember
to let us know ;-).

Anthony