Boston Linux & Unix [BLU.ORG] InstallFest4 -- 09/19/98

Alexander Varin varin at basistech.com
Sat Sep 12 04:56:19 EDT 1998

Hello!

I am not sure but maybe "stupid" devices like "winmodems" and other
"firmware-challenged" hardware should be mentioned? Linux probably will
never support such devices (for instanse, because of the need of a
reverse engineering of the hardware drivers cause the specs are not
available etc.)

I believe that it is *fair* to mention some possible exceptions from
the Rule of Thumb quoted below:

> DOS/Windows, it "should" run under Linux (usually better!). <<<<<

Alex Varin

P.S. Sorry if I made any mistakes in this letter -- English is not my
native language :)
***
Subcription/unsubscription/info requests: send e-mail with subject of
"subscribe", "unsubscribe", or "info" to discuss-request at blu.org