SPAM ARE YOU BEING INVESTIGATED?

Jerry Feldman gaf at mediaone.net
Wed Sep 23 14:56:28 EDT 1998

I have been informed by netcom that the user who initiated that SPAM has
been removed as a client by netcom for violating their terms and conditions.
The SPAM was sent to virtually all the mailing lists, list owners and list
admin accounts on BLU as well as others. All of the mailing lists I manage
are set up to block SPAM or posts from accounts not subscribed on these
lists. The From address on these SPAMS was spoofed as:
learnfast72 at hotmail.com

To combat SPAM, when you receive an objectionable email, send that
email message (INCLUDING THE FULL HEADER) to
abuse at originating isp. You may need to look at the header to fine out
where the email is really coming from since from addresses are easily
spoofed.