sane devices

Christoph Doerbeck doerbeck at dma.isg.mot.com
Tue Sep 29 10:54:42 EDT 1998

> i have installed sane on my desktop (running redhat linux 5.0, kernel
> 2.0.32), and whereas the basic sane functionality seems to be there,
> my scanner device is not seen by the program.  i.e.  scanimage -L gives
> only pnm:0 and pnm:1.

I did not see any info regarding what version of SANE you're running.
Did the utility 'find-scanner' report anything?  Did you configure
SANE_HOME/etc/dll.conf?

You can check my home page for some SANE documentation

http://home.ici.net/~linuxguy

Please be sure to check both the current and the older revisions of the
document (I never completed the latest version) for complete info on how
I got sane working.

- Christoph

***
Subcription/unsubscription/info requests: send e-mail with subject of
"subscribe", "unsubscribe", or "info" to discuss-request at blu.org