ARGH! Someone's swiped my logo!

Lar Kaufman lark at world.std.com
Wed Sep 30 09:53:53 EDT 1998

> Domains now cost $35 per year, with the first two years ($70) prepaid.
+ When did that change. ...

A couple of months ago, a federal judge ruled that $35 was a reasonable
fee for necessary registration services.  I haven't read the case, so
I don't have the full rationale on hand, but I believe the judge applied
the implicit will of Congress in its various acts that the Internet should
be free of incumbrances that would inhibit development of the Internet.
Previously collected (excessive) fees are being held in escrow, I think,
pending clarification... Probably they will ultimately be returned, but
don't count on it.

 -lar
"This ain't no party, this ain't no disco, this ain't no fooling around. No
time for dancing or lovey-dovey, I ain't got time for that now. I sent a
message through the receiver, hope to get an answer someday. Why stay in
college? Why go to night school? Thought I'd be different this time." -D. Byrne
***
Subcription/unsubscription/info requests: send e-mail with subject of
"subscribe", "unsubscribe", or "info" to discuss-request at blu.org