Encryption, etc.

Mark Spencer dreadnought at mediaone.net
Thu Apr 1 16:14:27 EST 1999

I'm looking for recommendations on books that include everything from basic
theory through design and implementation - on encryption, digital
certificates & signatures, and related technologies (for the uninitiated!).
Are there such books that people have found valuable? I have been following
announcements on new developments in the infosec arena, but have never
delved into the core technology to gain a better understanding.

Thanks!

(BTW - I took some of the advice I had received in email and bought a 16meg
upgrade for my Thinkpad 560 to do a linux install on. I don't anticipate any
problems w/ 20meg ram from what I've heard re: ftp/network installs.)

Mark Spencer

-