su in a script?

Mike Katz mkatz at meganet.net
Wed Dec 8 12:17:50 EST 1999

Hello agin...its the script guy again

Im trying to write a script to run an aplication after it su's to a diferent
user...can this be done?

right now it stops after it does its su!

#!/bin/sh
su quake3

cd /usr/local/games/quake3

./linuxq3ded +set dedicated 2 ...blah..blah
The script seems to bomb after it su's...it changes to the quake3 user then
it just sits at the prompt!  I can then enter the comand to run the
app....but I want it to do the whole thing!

thnx
Katz

-