Cooling & General Hardware Health

Charles C. Bennett, Jr. ccb at kukla.tiac.net
Fri Jul 30 11:47:11 EDT 1999

> I'm curious whether anyone has run into heat problems with the more
> recent Intel chips or ATX-style motherboards.

The last box I built out for myself was an ATX box with a K6/2-300.
The case came originally with ony the power supply fan.

I didn't have CPU cooling problems but I was getting flaky behavior
out of the Quantum Viking 7200 rpm SCSI drive.

Everything settled down nicely when I installed a fan at the front
of the case like you have.

ccb
-