Big hard drive problem

pfarrar at learningco.com pfarrar at learningco.com
Fri May 14 09:04:50 EDT 1999

     Hi,

     My IDE hard drive is about to ____ the bed.  I've got a 5.2 Gig IDE
     drive to replace it with, but there's a problem.  I've got a '94
     Gateway P60.  My IDE CDROM wont coexist with the big drive.  If I can
     see the HD, I can't find the CDROM.  Most configurations simply freeze
     up when trying to boot.

     Any suggestions?  Someone must have had this problem before me.

     There are downlaodable BIOS available.  Would these solve my problem?
     They seem to be for Win95...  I don't have that.

     Thanks,
     Peter

     PS I'm running Slackware 3.6
-